Due to unforeseen circumstances, I’m going to have to write my thoughts of a very good game, based on someone else’s hands-on experience.
You see, I did not plan for my wife playing this game constantly from the moment the disc arrived in the mail. Understand – my wife has never played a game on my PSP until now, and Buzz Master Quiz has been in the PSP constantly over the last few days – Now that is the measure of a very good game!!
The PSP version of Buzz Master Quiz is a fully-featured Buzz game developed specifically for the PSP.
Key overall features include:
- Over 5,000 unique questions
- Over 900 licensed videos and pictures
- 8 question categories including Music, TV, Science, Celebrities, Nature, Sport, Movies, and General knowledge
- 6 new round types for the PSP including ‘Picture this’, and ‘Virus’ rounds
The single-player game is pretty comprehensive. You start with 3 round types:
- Snapshot Challenge – Guess as many pictures within 1 minute
- Top Rank Challenge – Order 8 top rank questions
- Quickfire Movie Challenge – Answer 15 movie questions
You’re competing for Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals during each round, and once you’ve achieved at least bronze in the first 3 categories, you unlock a time challenge, along with some more quiz modes.
This makes playing buzz great for short bursts of fun on the PSP, and the developers have really made the single-player mode very suitable for PSP lovers.
And now to multiplayer. The game comes with 3 game modes including:
- Pass Around – You and up to 6 players can play a short or long game against each other, with the PSP being passed around each player.
- Quiz Host – You play the Host and set up a quiz game where you ask the questions, and allocate how many points are won and lost based on the answers given by friends and family.
- Fastest Finger – You can share the game with up to 3 other players with their own PSP – with only one copy of the game between you.
The presentation within all game modes is up to the usual high Buzz standard you’ve seen on the PS2, including the host, along with pictures and video in some questions.
The Single player mode contains 15 challenges to get through, and with its unique set-up encourages play in small bursts which is great for PSP folks on the move.
Overall, if you play your games on the PSP, Buzz Quiz Master comes highly recommended. With its solid single-player mode, and the ability to play with others in some unique multiplayer modes, you’ve got a great version of this popular franchise made just for your favourite portable. My wife rocks!!