• RSS
  • Facebook
  • rss
  • Podcast
  • twitter

PlayStation 3. It only does…… error 807100092

Posted April 21st, 2011 by Sparky

Many PlayStation users are experiencing (myself included) difficulties logging onto the PSN. For the past several days  now I’ve personally been having issues logging on with my PS3 and PSP. Only intermittently and with persistence it’s logged on. But not tonight. Reports on social networking sites like Twitter indicate the the entire PlayStation network worldwide has failed. No news yet as to what had caused the outage. It could be anyone’s guess. For a free service it’s hard to complain too much, but how much more can consumers take before they start looking at other platforms for their online gaming fix?

UPDATE: Via PlaystationEU twitter feed. “PSN is currently down for maintenance. We’ll update you with timeframes as soon as we can”.

I love that word ‘maintenance’. It covers all manner of sins.

UPDATE 2: Via Playstation.blog “An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.” Sony have effectively turned off Internet access so they can investigate. So this extended outage is all caused by some  mischievous, good for nothing hackers.

14 Responses to “PlayStation 3. It only does…… error 807100092”

1. morehu says:

I wonder if this has anything to do with GeoHot and co ?

2. morehu says:

I wonder if this has anything to do with GeoHot and co ?

3. emetic says:

I’d say it’s very relevant, yes.

4. emetic says:

I’d say it’s very relevant, yes.

5. morehu says:

Oh my

6. morehu says:

Oh my

7. dst says:

Apparently it’s got somthing to do with Japan. But yeah, should be no excuses here, shouldn’t happen. Period.

8. dst says:

9. Read a few of your posts and have thought they were really intresting. look forward to seeing more from you.

10. Read a few of your posts and have thought they were really intresting. look forward to seeing more from you.

11. Read a few of your posts and have thought they were really intresting. looking forward to seeing more from you.

12. Read a few of your posts and have thought they were really intresting. looking forward to seeing more from you.

13. I have read your post and thought it was really intresting and helpful. looking forward to reading more from you.
    Matt

14. I have read your post and thought it was really intresting and helpful. looking forward to reading more from you.
    Matt