Buttonmasher Blog  

Go Back   ButtonMasher Forums > ButtonMasher News

Old 10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Default Music to my "super-hero lovin" ears

com.dccomics.comics_banner

Most gamers have experienced the terrible ‘movie tie in game’. But there is hope my fellow mashers. Producers working for Warner Brothers Interactive, the company who published the last two Batman games, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Have stated in an interview recently, that the days of DC Comic characters getting 3rd rate movie cash-in titles are over!

Back in 2010 Warner Brothers Interactive opened the games studio WB Games Montreal, Canada. Martin Carrier and Reid Schneider are at the head of it and they both made it pretty clear in a recent interview with Canadian Business, that its time to “forget the movies” and build quality games. The success of the Rocksteady Studios Batman games was sited as being the catalyst for WB head office in California, to give a “clear mandate” of just make awesome games.

Schneider said that  that gamers and the market itself won’t suffer outsource low quality comic book character games anymore and financially it doesn’t make sense. (whew, its only taken a couple of decades to get there) They currently have 150 staff working in Montreal on yet to be announced titles sourced from the DC Comics world. They aim to have upwards of 300 staff working ‘in-studio’ by 2015.

To ensure quality, there will be no ‘box office linked’ release dates or movie storyline tie ins. Each game will be stand-alone and given the time it needs. So fingers crossed that a run of solid DC character games are on the way, I only hope that Marvel Studios follow suit.

[Source: Shacknews]

Read more and discuss...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 PM

And the new trailer from the VGAs for Spider-Man makes me think..... Marvel have yet to come to the mind set of "super-hero games should be good" (sigh)

Killer robots...really?

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"