Buttonmasher Blog  

Go Back   ButtonMasher Forums > General Discussion

Old 28-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Default Operation Occupy Suburbia

The boss has given the go ahead for me to take over the Restaurant for a night, it’s not a night we would normally be open, but that just means there is a little less stress for me. The plan as it stands is to be able to practice a few dishes that I have in mind for the Waikato Culinary Fare and hopefully make some great food for people to enjoy. The result will hopefully be a tasting menu comprising of approximately 7 courses plus an amuse bouche, pricing will be dependant on the number of people attending and the final composition of the dishes. The styling of the food will be my own, I will however be constrained to what service ware is available at the restaurant

In my head I am aiming for April the 25th, maximum capacity will be 20 people, although I may limit it to 15. Because all the preparation costs will be coming out of my own pocket there will be a booking charge of 20% the final cost as I wouldn’t be able to do it any other way. If anyone has any ideas on how to make sure I can fill the seats or if you would like to signal your interest in attending then let me know. The restaurant is fully licensed so alcohol and other beverages will be available (at their normal cost) so that it can be a proper night out for those that will be attending.

More...
Old 28-03-2010, 08:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Wugga

ButtonMasher Classes It Up?
Old 28-03-2010, 09:01 PM
brahy-uh-nem-uh-nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wugga View Post
ButtonMasher Classes It Up?
Hopefully it will be classy. Trying to do it so that the cost doesn't go above 60$ a head.

Here's the menu

Crude Amuse
Scallops and Dirt
Chicken Curry
An Italian Bird
Steak & Chips
Drunken BLT
Island Flavours
After Dinner Mint

I don't want to go into what they are as that ruins the fun of getting it on the night. But they will be hella tasty.